Be part of something wonderful
Make new friends, young and old
In collaboration with local early learning centres, kindergartens and schools, the Moving Moments Program connects seniors and children of all ages. Together, you will make wonderful memories and build long lasting friendships.
Enjoy a variety of planned activities
You will love the range of activities, with no two sessions the same. From arts and craft to music and dancing, our professional educators and artists can support you to reconnect with your youth and seize the day
Everything’s taken care of with an all-inclusive rate
Your daily rate of $10 (if charged, speak to the coordinator) includes morning tea, lunch, art materials and air conditioned transport to and from the venue. It also covers transport to planned outings and entry to local attractions.
Embrace community spirit
Following your session with the children, enjoy an outing in the community with your fellow seniors. Reflect on the day’s events as you explore local attractions and venues in our air conditioned bus.
- Tuesdays, 10am – 12pm with the children then we go to a local café for lunch
- Thursdays, 09.30am – 11.30 with the children then we go to a local café for lunch
- Fridays, 10am – 12pm with the children then we go to a local café for lunch
- Mondays, 10am – 12pm with the children then we go to a local café for lunch
- Wednesdays, 10am – 12pm with the children then we go to a local café for lunch
Session inclusions (when run in-person)
- Morning tea
- Air conditioned transport
- Arts and craft materials
- Entry fees to local attractions
“I have been very lonely since my wife died. Today was like a birthday party for me. So much joy, so much fun. I made a friend in Robert – can’t wait until next time.”
– Program participant
What is moving moments?
Moving Moments is an exciting new program for seniors provided by Lutheran Services. It is a government funded program that brings seniors who are living independently and children of all ages together to share in fun, play-based activities supported by professional educators and artists.
How do I sign up to Moving Moments?
You can sign up to Moving Moments by calling us on 1800 960 433 or by clicking the ‘Book your session’ button. You can also send us an email at ImmanuelGardens@lutheranservices.org.au or click here to send us a message
What details do I need to provide?
To sign up to Moving Moments, you will need to provide us with:
- Your first and last name
- Your preferred session location (Buderim or Gympie)
- Your preferred session day
- Your home address (if you would like us to arrange for our bus to pick you up and drop you off)
- Your date of birth
- Your mobile or home phone number
- Your email address (if you have one)
All attendees will require a Blue Card prior to attending. We will meet with you to run through this process and other paperwork as required.
Once we have all these details, we will sign you up for a spot in the session of your choice.
We look forward to seeing you!
Am I eligible to attend Moving Moments?
Moving Moments is available to seniors aged 65 years and over (50 years for Indigenous seniors) who are living independently. Living independently includes:
- If you live in your own home
- If you live in your own home and receive Home Care services
- If you live in a Retirement Village / Over 50’s or Lifestyle community
- If you live in a Retirement Village/ Over 50’s or Lifestyle community and receive Home Care services
Moving Moments is not available to seniors who live in residential aged care.
How many seniors can attend a session?
Up to 10 seniors per session.
How much does each session cost?
The all inclusive daily rate is $10. You can pay for your session on the day. It also covers entry fees for local attractions.
How do I pay for my session?
You can pay for your session on the day.
What does a Moving Moments session include?
Your daily rate includes:
- Morning tea
- Air conditioned transport to and from the venue
- Arts and craft materials (if applicable)
- Entry fees for local attractions
Where are the Moving Moments sessions located?
Moving Moments is run in Buderim and Gympie. Venues vary depending on activities planned and the details will be shared with you prior to the session start date.
How do I get to and from Moving Moments?
Air conditioned transport to and from the venue and to any planned outings is included in the daily rate. Please provide your home address and we will arrange pick up and drop off times with you. If you would prefer to drive yourself, there is free parking available at the venues.