Bridges Reconnect at Woodridge
Welcome to Bridges Reconnect, Woodridge
Figure it out. Get it sorted. Build a future.
Bridges Reconnect, Woodridge, provides support to young people between the ages of 12 and 18 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We help you stabilise your living situation and give you the skills to build your own future through counselling, group work, mediation and practical support to the whole family. We are there for you.
We assist young people to:
- stay at home until they have the necessary skills to become independent
- connect with supports if they have become homeless
- access counselling, mediation and general support to re-engage with their life, and
- better deal with conflict within the family home
It all depends on your own circumstances.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about the Bridges Reconnect at Woodridge or need help working out your next steps. Call 07 3209 1466 or email email@example.com to find out more.
We provide confidential advice and services to help you:
- stay in school when things get tough, or support you with alternative education
- link you up with employment or training options
- apply for income support through Centrelink (if eligible)
- steer you to programs helping with low self-esteem, relationship building and conflict resolution
- connect you with homeless shelters and/or accommodation services
- re-engage with your community or family (where appropriate)
We can also help parents, guardians and families to:
- work things out
- communicate better
- address and mediate conflict issues within the family
- set family goals and limits
- learn new strategies for coping with conflict within the family home
- learn to stay connected
How to access
We are available for young people and their families who reside in or attend school in the local areas of Annerley, Boronia Heights, Browns Plains, Coorparoo, Crestmead, Dutton Park, Eagleby, East Brisbane, Hillcrest, Fairfield, Greenslopes, Highgate Hill, Kangaroo Point, Kingston, Loganholme, Loganlea, Marsden, Park Ridge, Regents Park, Slacks Creek, South Brisbane, West End, Woodridge, Woolloongabba and Yeronga.
Young people can call us themselves, or they may be referred by school, other youth agencies and government departments. Families may also contact us to seek information or assistance.
Our team is flexible and able to meet with you at school, at an agreed local public place or within the family home where appropriate. These appointments can be outside of school and work hours if necessary.