Join the Lutheran Services volunteer team
Lutheran Services volunteers are an essential part of our vision to encourage the people we serve to pursue the life they hope for and the communities we are part of to thrive with the vibrancy of life. We have many committed volunteers who come from all walks of life including retirees, students, stay at home parents, and skilled professionals who enjoy making a real difference in people’s lives.
We value and reward all our volunteers as they bring joy and fellowship to our residents, clients and staff.
What do volunteers do?
If you would like to volunteer, we definitely have a volunteering role that’s right for you. Here’s some examples of the opportunities available at Lutheran Services:
- assist our aged care and retirement living residents participate in onsite lifestyle services such arts and crafts sessions, music and dramas, computer literacy and exercise sessions
- support our chaplains to provide pastoral care to our clients and residents
- support our aged care and retirement living residents participate in our community based lifestyle services such as outings to shop, to see a show or to enjoy a meal
- assisting in our Emergency Relief centres
- provide companionship, social support, transport and other practical assistance to the frail aged or older Australians living alone,
- mentor youth, and
- provide practical assistance such as transport and support with activities and outings associated with the delivery of our disability, youth and family and mental health services.
Who makes a good volunteer?
We expect our volunteers to support the Lutheran Church’s ethos and values of offering hope, quality service, kindness and commitment. No specific qualifications are needed, just a positive outlook and a hands-on attitude.
Making an enormous difference in the daily lives of our clients and residents.