Join the Lutheran Services volunteer team
Lutheran Services volunteers are an essential part of our vision to encourage the people we serve to pursue the life they hope for and the communities we are part of to thrive with the vibrancy of life. We have many committed volunteers who enjoy making a real difference in people’s lives.
What do volunteers do?
If you would like to volunteer, we definitely have a volunteering role that’s right for you.
Here’s some examples of the opportunities available at Lutheran Services:
- helping our aged care and retirement living clients participate in onsite lifestyle services such arts and crafts session, music and dramas programs, computer literacy programs and exercise sessions.
- helping our aged care and retirement living clients participate in our community based lifestyle services such as outings to shop, see a show or enjoy a meal.
- assisting in our Emergency Relief centres
- providing companionship, social support, transport and other practical assistance to the frail aged or older Australians living alone
- mentoring youth, and
- providing practical assistance such as transport and support with activities and outings associated with the delivery of our disability, youth and family and mental health services.
Who makes a good volunteer?
We expect our volunteers to support our values of offering hope, quality service, kindness and commitment. No specific qualifications are needed, just a positive outlook and a hands on attitude.
All volunteers will be required to obtain a blue card, yellow card and/or positive police check depending on the service. We can help you obtain these.
Making an enormous difference in the daily lives of our clients and residents.