A lifelong legacy
A bequest is a way for you to leave a lasting legacy that will make a real difference in people’s lives. Leaving a gift in your will helps Lutheran Services in its mission to encourage the people we serve to pursue the life they hope for.
Your bequest reflects a heartfelt contribution to your fellow community members, including older people, people living with a disability or mental illness, families experiencing domestic violence and hardship and at-risk young people and their families.
You can make a general bequest that enables us to direct the funds to the area of most need, or you can specify how your bequest is to be used by a particular service or project. The choice is yours.
Bequests that have been gratefully received in the past include funding for a cinema at Salem Aged Care at Toowoomba. This special venue offers residents a place where they can enjoy trips down memory lane and social interaction. Thanks to this generous gift, the cinema will entertain and delight Salem’s residents for years to come.
Your gift can take the form of:
- the residue of your estate
- a percentage of your estate
- a specific amount of money
- a life insurance or superannuation policy
- assets such as shares, property, works of art, jewellery
- an investment in perpetuity
For your convenience, we have provided some general bequest wording and our organisational details.
This suggested text is for information only. We recommend consulting your solicitor, trustee company or the Public Trustee regarding wording. Please contact us if you would like more specific wording.
- I give [AMOUNT] to the following nominated beneficiary:
Lutheran Church of Australia — Queensland District (Lutheran Services) for its general purposes.
- I declare that the receipt of the secretary, treasurer or other proper officer of the nominated beneficiary will be a full discharge for my trustee who will not be bound to see its application.
Lutheran Service’s organisational details:
- incorporated under Letters Patent
- ABN 47291464804
- Deductible Gift Recipient status
- Public Benevolent Institution registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC)
If you are a solicitor with a client who would like to leave a bequest to Lutheran Services, please pass on our sincere appreciation.
Director – Corporate Affairs
p. 07 3858 3084
You can contact Sam Walker via phone or email, or fill out the form on the right