Somerset Community Services at Fernvale
Welcome to Somerset Community Services, Fernvale
Somerset Community Services, based at Fernvale, delivers services for people living with a disability and for older people living independently in the community who would like to enjoy activities in a social situation.
Fernvale Day Centre – disability services
Local people who are living with a disability can attend our Fernvale centre to enjoy meaningful activities, socialise, enjoy recreational outings and develop life skills. Our life skills development program includes cooking, healthy eating and computer skills development as well as activities such as craft and gentle exercise. Our regular outings include bowling, swimming and the movies.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about Somerset Community Services at Fernvale or need help working out your next steps. Call us on 07 5427 0548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Fernvale Day Centre – for older people
Our day activity program based at our center in Fernvale gives older people who are living independently but are frail and socially isolated the opportunity to participate in meaningful and enjoyable activities with others their same age. Activities include:
- social outings to local attractions and events
- gentle fitness programs
- craft (pottery and more)
- friendly games tournaments
- monthly massage and pamper days
- music and art
- guest speakers
- shoppers’ bus
Our Somerset carer support service includes:
- in home and centre based day respite to enable carers to take time for themselves
- assistance with transport to access the community
- a shoppers’ bus that travels from Esk/Toogoolawah to Gatton every second Tuesday, and from Fernvale/Lowood to Ipswich on alternate Fridays for a small fee.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about Somerset Community Services. We would love to hear from you. Call us on 07 5427 0548 or email email@example.com.