Visitor restrictions lifted
As of Monday 10 August the Queensland Government has updated the list of areas considered to be ‘restricted areas’ under Aged Care Direction Number 8. As a result, we are now able to ease visiting restrictions to the impacted aged care services and again allow residents to leave their home.
When you can visit
Families are requested to call their service to find out the best times to visit and make an appointment.
To follow the Chief Health Officer’s Aged Care Direction (No. 8), the following procedures are still in place:
- A maximum of two people can visit a resident at the same time.
- Your temperature will be taken, and you will also be asked to make a health declaration and provide proof of 2020 flu vaccination.
- Visitors are to practice optimal hand hygiene and physical distancing.
Residents leaving the service
In accordance with the current Aged Care Direction, residents can leave their home for a few reasons including to:
- Receive or access health care
- Attend a small family gathering
- Undertake exercise
- Attend a funeral
Larger resident group outings are still not permitted.
Please be assured that currently there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at any Lutheran Services aged care site.
We will continue to provide you with information about any changes either by SMS, phone calls from our Lutheran Services Call Centre, or email. We will also be placing updates on our website at www.lutheranservices.org.au/covid
Thank you all for your continued understanding and assistance as we strive to maintain a safe and healthy environment for your loved ones and all of our residents.