Easing of restrictions
The Queensland Government announced it has eased some restrictions for aged care residents from Friday 16 October 2020.
What does this mean?
This means that residents can go on excursions again!
What else can residents do?
Residents can go out for a range of reasons including (but not limited to):
- Attending private family gatherings of up to 40 people
- Receiving or accessing health care
- Attending a funeral
- Visiting a service provider (such as a hairdresser or legal advisor)
- Visiting another residential aged care facility
To assist in managing any risk of infection at each service, residents are requested to complete the leave register.
Receiving visitors to aged care services
The same processes are still in place for visitors.
Residents can receive two visitors at a time and visitors are asked to make a health declaration before entering and show evidence of a flu vaccination.
We also still need to be careful. We need to:
- Keep 1.5m apart when we are out
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing them often, especially after being in public places.