COVID-19 Update – 12 January 2022
Click the site name or service for today’s update.
For information on Home Care and Retirement Living, click the links below:
Cooinda Aged Care in partial lockdown
We now have unfortunately two staff members who have tested COVID-19 positive at Cooinda. This is one more positive staff member since yesterday.
None of our residents have tested positive or are exhibiting symptoms at this stage.
We are working with the PHU to determine the staff and resident testing regime moving forward and will keep you updated.
We continue to be guided by the PHU and other government agencies to contain and manage the situation. Thank you for your understanding and support as we also continue to implement our Outbreak Management Plan and follow strict infection control procedures.
Cooinda remains in partial lockdown, with parts of Jacaranda and Hibiscus closed to visitors, and some residents now isolating in their rooms.
Our lifestyle team is planning plenty of activities to help keep impacted residents connected and engaged.
Immanuel Gardens Aged Care, Buderim
There have been no new cases among residents today. One staff member has unfortunately tested positive, however all close contacts have been tested and returned negative results.
Both the Vista and the Terrace remain open to visitors. If you are planning to visit, please remember to wear a surgical mask. Up to two people can visit at one time in your loved one’s room between 9am and 12pm. Visits are limited to one hour.
All of our lifestyle activities are continuing. Today we had laughing yoga and dance classes in the Vista, whilst our Terrace residents enjoyed a concert sing-along, puzzles and entertainment packs including magazines and music.
Northridge Salem Aged Care, Toowoomba
Today we have five new residents and two new staff testing positive for COVID-19.
In total, we have eight positive residents and six positive staff. Two positive residents remain in hospital in a stable condition.
Residents are loving keeping in contact with their families through video and phone calls, with the help of the Lifestyle Team and our Chaplain. Individual lifestyle activities are also helping to keep spirits high.
We’re also all being lifted by the books and flowers dropped off by families – a great idea which is bringing a great deal of colour and joy to everyone’s day.
Orana Aged Care, Kingaroy
We have no new cases today for residents or staff.
Our total positive cases remain at one staff member and no residents.
Residents are continuing to get out and about in their designated living areas in a socially distant manner. However, for everyone’s safety, we will remain closed to visitors at this time.
St Andrew’s Aged Care, Tallebudgera
We have no new cases of COVID-19 since yesterday’s update.
Our total number of positive cases remains at one resident and two staff since 10 January.
All residents in Camelia underwent Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) yesterday. In good news, we had no positive results. We will continue to work with the Public Health Unit to determine ongoing testing requirements and will keep you updated. PCR testing is likely to occur in the coming days.
Our Lifestyle Team is working hard to keep residents connected and engaged through in-room exercise sessions and music in the courtyard. Care and activity packs are also being distributed to residents.
St Paul’s Aged Care, Caboolture
We have no new cases today for residents or staff. Our total number of positive cases remains at four staff.
In the coming days we will be welcoming back three staff members who are cleared to return to work, which is great news for everyone.
In more good news, the communal areas in our lodges are open again for residents to mingle in a socially distant manner.
In line with Public Health Unit guidance we remain closed to visitors and we are grateful for your continued understanding in this matter.
Salem Hume Street
Since yesterday, three residents and one staff member have unfortunately tested positive.
We now have a total of four residents and one staff member who have tested positive. All staff are safe and stable and now in isolation.
We continue to be guided by the local PHU and other government agencies to contain and manage the situation. We also continue to follow our Outbreak Management Plan and strict infection control procedures.
Salem Hume Street remains in lockdown, with our Lifestyle team keeping residents connected and engaged.
All residents and staff will undergo PCR testing tomorrow. The health and wellbeing of our staff and residents is of utmost importance and we will continue to do everything we can to keep everyone safe.
Tabeel Aged Care, Laidley
We have no new cases in either our residents or staff today.
The total number of cases remains 29 positive staff and 25 positive residents.
Both the hostel and Nursing Home remain closed to visitors. Hostel residents are now able to enjoy social activities and our Lifestyle Team is continuing to support Nursing Home residents with one-on-one activities.
Trinder Park Aged Care, Woodridge
There are no new cases among our residents, however two more staff members have unfortunately tested positive. Our total number of cases is 30 positive staff and 15 positive residents.
We look forward to welcoming some staff back soon and in the meantime, appreciate your patience as it may be taking us longer than normal to organise and respond to calls. Please be assured that your loved one’s wellbeing remains our top priority.
Melaleuca, Lilly Pilly and the Nursing Home remain locked down. Visitors are welcome to other areas, with two visitors at a time welcome at Karri Court, Rosewood and the Hostel between 9am and 12pm daily.
Wahroonga Aged Care, Biloela
Fortunately, we have no cases of COVID-19 at this location Wahroonga.
Zion Aged Care, Nundah
There have been no new cases for residents today. One new staff member has unfortunately tested positive overnight.
In total we have had 11 positive staff and two positive residents. Another staff member was cleared to return to work today, which is great news.
Our residents continue to enjoy individual and group activities such as exercise, trivia, craft and today’s highlight – a John Williamson concert. There was even some flower arranging today, leaving us looking so colourful and beautiful.
The Lifestyle Team is continuing to facilitate virtual visits with loved ones outside of Zion, as well as with friends from Zion who aren’t able to visit in person yet.
Contacting COVID impacted sites
- Please continue to phone the service directly. However, please be aware should our office telephones be overwhelmed with enquiries, we have established a temporary 24/7 overflow contact centre to ensure your calls are always answered. This centre will be able to receive your call and answer most of your general queries. Should you need more personal information on how your loved one is going they will be able to take a message and ensure someone calls you back.
- If required, we may phone nominated contacts to provide a timely update. This may come from a number you do not recognise.
Retirement Living – General update
- As independent living services we will not be provide daily updates on resident cases in our retirement villages. However, we would like to advise the following:
- So we can support you please notify the Retirement Village Manager if you receive a positive COVID-19 test result or are isolating as a close contact. We are here to assist.
- If there is a positive case in the village, we will close the common areas and do a deep clean.
- If our Retirement Village or Homecare team visit a village resident that is a close contact or is positive to COVID-19 the staff will be wearing full personal protective equipment.
- I encourage to look after each other. If you know someone in the village who is isolating, please give them a call or pop a message of support in their letterbox.
- If you already have Home Care services with Lutheran Services they can continue – staff will wear full personal protective equipment.
- If you must isolate at home, we are happy to support you to ensure you have things like groceries, meals and medical supplies. Please just call me – even if you do not have Home Care with us. We are here to support you at this time.
- If your village is co-located with a aged care services and that services has a COVID-19 event we will advise you that the retirement village areas shared with aged care and the village will be closed. No entry signage will be displayed at entry points and all shared areas.
Home Care Services
We would like to provide an update on how we are supporting you and keeping you and our staff safe during this time.
- You will receive a phone call from our staff before each visit to confirm you are feeling well and not displaying any COVID-19 symptoms. Please tell your carer if you feel unwell. We can help you make arrangements to be tested.
- If you receive a positive result we will need to know as soon as possible. In this case, we can continue your home care, however our staff will need to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks and gowns.
- Please ask us if you need extra services while isolating, such as shopping or medication management.
- Keeping our staff and clients informed in a timely manner is a priority and our COVID-19 Response Communication Plan has been implemented.
- You will be notified if a staff member that you have been in contact with tests positive. We will provide you with timely updates.
- If you must cancel your appointments with us or if we cancel group activities, we will check in with you regularly by phone to ensure you are doing OK.
- Please feel free to call us between these calls if you need assistance.
- Please remember that even if you test positive for COVID-19 we can continue your services. We will wear extra personal protective equipment.
- For more information, you can ask your support worker or phone your service directly.