Everyone has the right to feel safe
Sometimes people need help to walk forward and lead a life with their families free of violence.
Lutheran Services has helped thousands of victims of domestic violence be safe, recover and move forward through practical, immediate help and referrals. Our goal is to make you feel safe and connected and to offer renewed hope for the future.
How we help
Women from all walks of life come to Mary & Martha’s Refuge to escape domestic/family violence. We provide safe, secure, short term accommodation for women and their children. Providing a safe haven is just the beginning of our support. We assist our clients to empower themselves with resilience and skills to actively work towards a better future for themselves and their children.
Our accommodation is safe, secure and modern offering:
- self-contained apartments
- a playground for children
- recreation area to connect with others
We give tailored, high-level personal support, including:
- a supportive case management approach to making plans for the future and achieving goals
- support with healthcare plans
- life skill training (cooking, budgeting)
- parenting program & Triple P
- individual and group support (on site psychologist, art & music therapy,
- children’s worker and children’s program
- healthy relationship program
- housing support to assist the transition back into the community.
- access to a wide range of external supports for legal matters, childcare, schooling, health and immigration services
- interpreter service
Experiencing domestic violence? Call DV Connect’s 24-hour helpline now on 1800 811 811.
Alternatively, call 07 3858 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our Domestic Violence services.